Tuesday 20 August 2013

My 1st Fondant Cake

Are you terrified to try fondant and are only familiar with buttercream? That was ME a few days ago. I have used fondant before but only by making small decorations.
It was my daughter's 8th birthday yesterday and she saw a cake she wanted. I agrred to make it for her. Dreading the day I had to actually try and cover a 2-tier cake with fondant and make the decrations which were a bit more upscale to what I am used to making.
I started carefully and watched a lot of YouTube videos on how to do this. It began forming and looking like a cake. The finished result was amazing for my 1st fondant decorated cake. My daughter was over the moon and loved it.
Well guys here it is. What do you think of my 1st attempt?
I didn't want to cut the cake, I wanted to save it forever, but it was cut and everyone loved it.
If you are working with fondant for the 1st time and are nervous like I was then please take your time and find your own way to feel comfortable working with it. We are not professionals but certainly could bein time and with practice. Thank you for looking at my blog :)

No comments: